Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Ornament Swap

The lovely Vivian is hosting a Christmas Ornament Swap and I have joined in. We were to make 12 ornaments and have them wrapped ready to be received like 12 little gifts. It is so much fun getting this box full of wrapped ornaments from some wonderful crafters. Here is the gift tag on the front of my little package.
I took 8x11 music sheet pages, folded them in half and sewed them along three sides. Then I slipped the orni in and punched holes at the top. Added the ribbon and tag and they were ready to go. Here is what I made.
They are little burlap stockings with vintage lace, buttons and ribbons. I stamped the front with NOEL. Super easy and fun to make.
Each one is a little different from the next. I used different buttons and lace.

6 comments:

Lululiz said...

They are really sweet little ornaments, and the way you packaged them is just lovely.

Cassie Shella said...

What an awesome idea! Those are really adorable - I might have to make some of those myself. Where do I get burlap from? I'm thinking those would make great teacher gifts and maybe attach a gift card to our local coffee shop here. So inspiring! Love your tag too - what a great way to use photos. Have a really Blessed Thanksgiving weekend!

cinnibonbon said...

They turned out wonderfully!!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving--miss you girl!

Lee Weber said...

These look great Tammy! I'm thinking of making some for my parents. xo

Tam said...

HI! Things a good here. I was truly busy this month with the boys classes. I am room MOM for both boys this year.

Hope your Birthday Celebrating is fun!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I was near your area recently and thought about YOU!!! It was an unexpected trip up and an overnight and I did not get to do much there. ARGH!

HUGS my sweet friend!

Unknown said...

I love that you used burlap! I can't wait to see all the ornis. I hope you had a great Thanks Giving!